samedi 16 octobre 2010


Hi –

Welcome to my new blog! Since it’s my first posting, here is a quick recap of what I’ve been up to in the past few weeks.  I hope you’ll come back regularly as I’ll keep posting frequently on many different subjects.

My preparation for the upcoming season is well under way.  I’m currently at Zermatt in Switzerland for a training camp on snow. My season will start on December 11th in Finland.  Until then, I’ll be working hard to stay in top shape!  

There has been a major change in my entourage as I’ve started working with a new coach; his name is Mike Hamelin.  My mentor and coach Dominick Gauthier is in his last season of coaching and is working closely with Mike to make sure the transition is smooth and efficient.

In the mean time, I’m pursuing my studies in finance.  I’m also proud to announce that I’ve recently been named ambassador, along with tv host Sophie Ducharme, for an interactive website campaign for financial education. The site is www.clearfacts.ca and has been put together by the National Bank.

The remainder of October will be quite busy for me, as I’ll be taking part in a few events. The first being the “Audi’s Best Buddies Challenge” which will be held in Toronto on October 24th for a non-profit organization.  A few days later, I’ll be headed west to attend the Gold Medal Plates event.

Come back to my new website soon, and many thanks to everyone at RAMP Management for putting it all together!

Later,

Alex

4 commentaires:

  1. Hi Alex,

    I'm not sure if this is the best way to get a hold or you, or if this is even a possibility.

    I am producing the opening ceremonies at the Canadian Finals Rodeo (CFR) in Edmonton and one particular show is themed "Proud to be Canadian" .... We have a large number of Canadian Troops involved in the show and would love to include you and your brother as well.

    The show is in Edmonton on November 12th and would like to discuss what it would take to bring the both of you out.

    If interested, you can contact me at 403-225-3045.

    Thank you,

    Peter

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Alex!
    I am so greatful that you were the first Canadian to win GOLD on Canadian soil. When you crossed the line and skied over to your family I cried with joy! I will never forget your gold-medal run. I wish you the best of luck in your up coming competitions! I cant wait to get a chance to watch you compete in my home town, Calgary in the New Year!
    Good Luck!
    Kelsey

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Hi Alex, as the last comment I to was very proud to see you jumped up when you won the gold, when you went over and hugged your brother was very touching. My uncle Bob Richardson skied for Canada in the 52 Oslo olympics and was very instrumental in opening several ski hills in Quebec. He was with Owls Head until he died in 2004. I was able to run with the olympic torch in Nova Scotia and spent the last two days of the torch run in Vancouver. I have shared the torch from Vancouver thru to Newfoundland and even Cancun Mexico. I recently had Lucille Wheeler (first north american and canadian to win a medal) sign it for me. I am presently in Montreal and would love to get you to sign my torch as well. I would take it to Mt Gabriel January 15 and 16th for you if possible.

    Thank You, Peter Richardson

    www.myolympictorchphotos.com

    PS I brought my torch to the 2011 Juno in St.
    John but was unable to get close to you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Great to see you have a blog. We are Brits living in BC and arrived here in March 09. Last Feb we were glued to the Olympics, especially the moguls and were rooting for you to win gold all the way. What a result..it was absolute magic..so emotional! Found out I was pregnant at the time you won gold and thought if we have a baby boy he will be named after a canadian olympic champion..now there's a story. Our baby Alexander was born October last year..Was really hoping to get a signed photo or autograph from you for his nursery!!!

    RépondreSupprimer