samedi 8 janvier 2011

Happy New Year everyone

Happy New Year everyone!

I’ve been quite busy in the past few weeks competing on the World Cup circuit with stops in Finland, France and China.

On December 11th, in Finland, the Canadian contingent showed its power and depth. Five of us made the men’s finals. I finished 7th while Cedric (Rochon) came 5th, Pierre-Alexandre (Rousseau) 10th, Eddie (Hicks) 13th and Michael (Kingsbury) won the silver medal.

Move up one week and we’re December 15th in the land of the croissant and I had a great qualification round. I felt good both physically and mentally. The run was not smooth with moguls that were frozen and it complicated my work.

After eliminating Mikaël, I then lost to a Russian named Sergey Volkov in the quarters. I didn’t deal well with the next to last mogul before the second jump. I had skied well up until then and I found myself in an arabesque and that prevented me from executing my second jump. Unfortunately, I was eliminated.

I’m not happy with my performance but I keep my head high knowing that my skiing is there and if I ski up to my abilities, I can be first in the world.

Finally in China on December 21st, I didn’t qualify for the final round but Canada was very well represented as Mikaël won his first ever world cup and I’m very happy for him!

I took full advantage of the Holidays to spend time with family and friends in order to rebound in the New Year.

I’m currently in Val St-Côme for some on-snow training in preparation for the upcoming World Cup event at Mont Gabriel on January 15th and 16th.

I’d like to take this opportunity to wish you all a great 2011 and may it shower you with everything you desire…

Until next time,

Alex

1 commentaire:

  1. Hi, My name is Teresa and I'm a 4th year journalism student at Concordia University in Montreal.
    In two weeks we're doing a sports-themed television program and I would like to do a live, in studio interview with you about life since your gold medal win at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics, what that win was like, and where you're going now. Please email me if you're interested. It would be great to meet you.
    Thanks,
    Teresa Smith
    teresajustinesmith@gmail.com

    RépondreSupprimer