lundi 7 février 2011

Keeping my world champion title!

It was certainly winter in Utah, and so many emotions!

I have been waiting for this ever since the Vancouver games were over, and let me tell you that I was ready. Qualifiers went really well and I ended up finishing first, which gave me the last starting spot for the finals.

The first half of the race was great but I made a mistake on the second jump. When it was time to cross my skis, they got stuck together and I lost some precious time. At least I landed the jump perfectly, even if the maneuver was not perfect. Yes, it was a little unlucky but I'm still happy with what I achieved. I deserved that second place.

On the women's side, did you see what Jenn has accomplished? Wow! what an inspiration this girl is...

Second event, duel.
I was defending my title of world champion ... and I put all my energy to keep it. I did some nice runs all day. For the final round, I was facing Mikaël and he could not complete his race, due to a fall. So in the end, victory feels very good and I’m happy that I’m still the World Champion…

Did I already tell you about Jenn? Well she won the dual as well. Double world champion in the same year!

Ok now, Super Bowl time!

See ya!

Alex

2 commentaires:

  1. Alex Bilodea
    who is your favorite foot ball team?

    i like thee Saskatchuwan Rough Riders BC Lions,Green Bay Packers.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Alex, I am trying to collect the autograph of all gold medal winners in the 2010 Olympics. I was a torch bearer in Ontario and I am trying to have each gold medal winner sign my torch bearer jacket. Please contact me at olympictorchbearer@cogeco.ca if you would be willing to help add your name to my jacket. Thank you!

    RépondreSupprimer